External Wi-Fi antenna
The Phyn Plus device has a female RP-SMA antenna port (with outer threads and a male center pin) located underneath the rubberized port access flap on the end of the device that can be connected to an external Wi-Fi antenna.
Any 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi antenna with a male RP-SMA port, (which has inner threads and a center receptacle instead of a male pin), can be used.
Mid-range Wi-Fi external antennas provide a boost of about 9-11 dBi are available.
- Search Google for “2.4ghz 9dbi Rp-sma Wifi Antenna” to see the selection
Higher-range Wi-Fi external antennas which provide a boost of about 15-18 dBi are available. Some come with an antenna base and a length of cable:
- Search Google for “2.4ghz 15dbi Rp-sma Wifi Antenna” to see the selection
- After you purchase an external antenna you must contact Phyn Customer Support by email or phone.
- Phyn Customer Support will enable your Phyn Device to use the external antenna instead of the built-in internal antenna.
- If the Antenna does not give your Phyn Plus device enough signal strength you will need to purchase a Wi-Fi range extender