Android – Follow these instructions to setup your Phyn Account and Pair your Phyn Plus 1st Generation device to the Network
To begin the process, your Phyn Plus must be in Pairing mode. After you press the blue button once, The LED display should show a “Searching” pattern. (Blue lights from the middle will go out to either side searching for Wi-Fi).
If it does not display the searching pattern, you will need to perform a Hard Reset to restore the device to factory settings. After the hard reset, the device will be in Pairing mode.
Hard Reset the Phyn Plus
- With the unit powered on, locate the blue Action button on the top of the unit. (If the unit is installed horizontally, the button will be on the side)
- Click the blue button 3 times, then hold it for 5 seconds, and then release. (When you are holding the button for 5 seconds, you will see a pattern on the LED screen that looks like an elevator descending until it reaches the bottom floor. Once the pattern reaches the bottom, you release)
- The Phyn Plus will reset. The LED display will show a blue color fading in and out to black several times. Afterwards the LED will show a boot up display (blue light will start from the bottom and start growing until it reaches the middle and the display is fully blue in color).
- After the reset is complete, the device will be in network pairing mode. The LED display will show a “Searching” pattern. (Lights from the middle will go out to either side searching for Wi-Fi. The Phyn Plus is now in Pairing Mode.
- If the device is not in Pairing mode as indicated by the LED pattern, repeat the steps.
Download and Install the Phyn App
- Tap the Play Store icon on your phone
- Enter Phyn and tap Search
- Tap on Phyn > Install
- Tap Open
- When prompted to “Allow Phyn to access photos, media and files on your device?” tap Allow
- When prompted to “Allow Phyn to access this device’s location“, tap Allow
- Note: If you tap Deny instead of Allow, the Phyn App will not be able to pair your Phyn device to your Wi-Fi network since you will not be able to complete the step to add your Home address. If you are attempting to re-pair a device that had previously paired successfully to a new Wi-Fi router or Range extender, you will be unable to complete device pairing unless you uninstall / reinstall the Phyn App and tap Allow.
Phyn Account Setup
- Tap Sign Up
- At the Create Account screen, enter the required information: First Name, Last Name, Email address, Mobile Phone number and Password
- Tap the check box to agree to the Terms of Service
- Tap Next
- At the End User License screen, scroll down to the bottom and tap I accept
- Verify Phone Number screen – A 6-digit code will be sent via SMS messaging to the mobile phone number you entered. (Note: If you do not receive the code, verify that you have correctly entered your mobile phone number. If you missed viewing the message with the 6-digit code, you can tap Resend Code to generate a new SMS message with a new code. Enter the latest 6-digit code that you receive).
- Enter the 6-digit code
- A blue check mark will appear when the code has been verified
- You will be prompted to Turn on Notifications. Phyn uses notifications to send you alerts if we spot an issue in your plumbing system. It is important to Enable notifications. Tap Enable.
- When prompted “Phyn would like to send you notifications” tap Allow.
Pair the Phyn Device
- Set Up Device will be displayed. Tap the Phyn Plus
- Check for Power screen will be displayed. Tap Next.
- Select Network screen will be displayed. (Note: Pairing is a multi-step process. 1) Go to Phone Settings > WiFi 2) Pair the Phyn App on your phone to your Phyn device 3) Pair the Phyn Plus to your Home Wi-Fi network. It is important to follow these steps correctly to ensure pairing success).
- Tap the Home button on your Android device
- Slide your finger down from the top part of the screen
- Tap the Gear icon (Settings), in the top right-hand corner
- Tap Connections
- Tap Wi-Fi – The SSID of the Phyn Plus device will appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks
- Tap Phyn.Plus.XXX – the SSID of the Phyn Plus device. “Connecting” will display briefly
- When the Phyn Plus device is successfully paired, the SSID will change to a blue color and the message “Internet may not be available” will appear beneath the SSID. (Important: Ignore any message that are displayed stating “Internet may not be available. Connect to another network”.
- Tap the Home Button and then tap Phyn from the Apps menu (Or tap the Running programs button and tap Phyn)
- “Searching for Networks” will be displayed
- Connect to Network screen – A list of available Network SSIDs will be displayed – showing the networks with the strongest signal at the top and those with weaker signals below. (Note: If you do not see your home Wi-Fi network, tap “Refresh”.
- Tap the SSID of your home Wi-Fi network.
- If the message “Poor Signal Strength” appears, you may not be able to complete pairing. Or you may be able to complete pairing, but your device will frequently go offline because of the poor signal strength. The purchase of a Wi-Fi range extender is recommended.
- A list of The Phyn Plus Antenna State will also appear at this screen
- “Antenna: Internal” as the Antenna state will be displayed since all Phyn Plus devices are set to use the Internal Antenna.
- If you have already purchased an External Antenna and wish to switch from Internal to External, you can click on “Antenna: Internal” to switch to the External Antenna.
- Warning: Only click on “Antenna: Internal” if
- You have purchased an External Antenna and
- You have it available to be plugged into the antenna port of the Phyn Plus now during the device pairing
- If you plan on purchasing an External Antenna in the future, you can always contact Phyn Customer Care who can process the switch for you.
- Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect (Note: Enter the network password correctly including any Capitalized letters and special characters).
- “Pairing your Device” will be displayed during the pairing process. (Note: If you have entered an incorrect network password, the following message will be displayed: “Incorrect Password. Please try again”.
- Checking for Updates will be displayed.
- Firmware update will be displayed. Note: The firmware update process will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. A percentage complete progress indicator will be displayed.
- “Your device was successfully connected” will appear. Tap Done.
- Add Home screen will be displayed – Enter your Home Address. At the bottom of the screen, you can add a descriptive name your your home, i.e. Vacation Home or Mi Casa
- Tap Next
- Configure Home screen will be displayed. Enter an inventory your home fixture types. Tap the + button next to each fixture type to increment the amount. If you make a mistake, tap the – button next to the fixture type to decrease the number. (Note: Washing Machines and Dishwashers are not on the fixture list. The reason is because our machine-learning algorithms can already detect the water usage generated by such appliances).
- Tap Next
- The Water Activity Screen will be displayed. Your device is now Setup.