Android – Phyn account setup and pairing instructions
Android – Follow these instructions to setup your Phyn Account and Pair your Phyn Plus device to the Network
To begin the process, your device must be put into Pairing mode. You must first perform a Hard Reset to restore the device to factory settings. After the hard reset, the device will be in Pairing mode.
Hard Reset the Phyn Plus
- With the unit powered on, locate the blue Action button on the top of the unit. (If the unit is installed horizontally, the button will be on the side)
- Click the blue button 3 times, then hold it for 5 seconds, and then release. (When you are holding the button for 5 seconds, you will see a pattern on the LED screen that looks like an elevator descending until it reaches the bottom floor. Once the pattern reaches the bottom, you release)
- The Phyn Plus will reset. The LED display will display several animations including a boot up display (blue light will start from the bottom and start growing until it reaches the middle and the display is fully blue in color).
- After the reset is complete, the device will be in network pairing mode. The LED display will show a “Searching” pattern. (Lights from the middle will go out to either side searching for Wi-Fi. The Phyn Plus is now in Pairing Mode.
- If the device is not in Pairing mode as indicated by the LED pattern, repeat the steps.
Download and Install the Phyn App
- Tap the Play Store icon on your phone
- Enter Phyn and tap Search
- Tap on Phyn > Install
- Tap Open
Phyn Account Setup
- Tap Sign Up
- Enter the required information: First Name, Last Name, Email address, Mobile Phone number and Password
- Tap the check box to agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Tap Create
- Verify Phone Number screen – A 6-digit code will be sent via SMS messaging to the mobile phone number you entered. (Note: If you do not receive the code, verify that you have correctly entered your mobile phone number. If you missed viewing the message with the 6-digit code, you can tap Resend Code to generate a new SMS message with a new code. Enter the latest 6-digit code that you receive).
- Enter the 6-digit code
- A blue check mark will appear when the code has been verified
Pair the Phyn Device
- Check for Power screen will be displayed. Tap Next.
- Select a Network screen will be displayed. (Note: Pairing is a multi-step process. 1) Go to Phone Settings > WiFi 2) Pair the Phyn App on your phone to your Phyn device 3) Pair the Phyn Plus to your Home Wi-Fi network. It is important to follow these steps correctly to ensure pairing success).
- Tap the Home button on your Android device
- Slide your finger down from the top part of the screen
- Tap the Gear icon (Settings), in the top right-hand corner
- Tap Connections
- Tap Wi-Fi – The SSID of the Phyn Plus device will appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks
- Tap Phyn.Plus.XXX – the SSID of the Phyn Plus device. “Connecting” will display briefly
- When the Phyn Plus device is successfully paired, the SSID will change to a blue color and the message “Internet may not be available” will appear beneath the SSID. (Important: Ignore any message that are displayed stating “Internet may not be available. Connect to another network”.
- Tap the Home Button and then tap Phyn from the Apps menu (Or tap the Running programs button and tap Phyn)
- “Searching for Networks” will be displayed
- Select Network screen – Tap the SSID of your home Wi-Fi network. (Note: If you do not see your home Wi-Fi network, tap “Refresh”. If you see your Home Network SSID displayed twice – one that is grayed out and one that is darker in color, tap on the SSID that is darker in color).
- Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect (Note: Enter the network password correctly including any Capitalized letters and special characters).
- “Pairing your Device” will be displayed during the pairing process. (Note: If you have entered an incorrect network password, the following message will be displayed: “Incorrect Password. Please try again”.
- “Your device was successfully connected” will appear. Tap Done.
- Add Home screen will be displayed – Enter your Home Address. At the bottom of the screen, you can add a descriptive name your your home, i.e. Vacation Home or Mi Casa
- Tap Next
- Configure Home screen will be displayed. Enter an inventory your home fixture types. Tap the + button next to each fixture type to increment the amount. If you make a mistake, tap the – button next to the fixture type to decrease the number. (Note: Washing Machines and Dishwashers are not on the fixture list. The reason is because our machine-learning algorithms can already detect the water usage generated by such appliances).
- Tap Next
- The Water Activity Screen will be displayed. Your device is now Setup.