A Plumbing Check warning message, “Phyn Alert for your Home, an Extended Plumbing Check is recommended” will be sent under the following conditions:
- The Normal Plumbing Check is run from the Phyn App (not scheduled Plumbing Check)
- The Normal Plumbing Check algorithm is unable to determine if there is a pinhole leak in your plumbing.
- Since the Normal Plumbing Check algorithm is unable to determine if there is a pinhole leak in your plumbing, you are prompted with a warning message recommending that you run an Extended Plumbing check.
- An Extended Plumbing check is of a longer duration (10-13 minutes) and can detect more subtle issues in your plumbing.
- The Plumbing Check Warning messages are only sent if a Plumbing Check is run manually from the Phyn App
- The Plumbing Check Warning messages are not sent for Plumbing Checks that the user has set to run automatically
The thresholds for the Plumbing Check Warning message to be displayed are:
- A pressure drop (dP) of at least 1.5 psi over the duration of the Normal Plumbing Check (~3 min).