iPhone – Phyn account setup and pairing Instructions
To begin the process, your device must be put into Pairing mode. You must first perform a Hard Reset to restore the device to factory settings. After the hard reset, the device will be in Pairing mode.
Hard Reset the Phyn Plus
- With the unit powered on, locate the blue Action button on the top of the unit. (If the unit is installed horizontally, the button will be on the side)
- Click the blue button 3 times, then hold it for 5 seconds, and then release. (When you are holding the button for 5 seconds, you will see a pattern on the LED screen that looks like an elevator descending until it reaches the bottom floor. Once the pattern reaches the bottom, you release)
- The Phyn Plus will reset. The LED display will display several animations including a boot up display (blue light will start from the bottom and start growing until it reaches the middle and the display is fully blue in color).
- After the reset is complete, the device will be in network pairing mode. The LED display will show a “Searching” pattern. (Lights from the middle will go out to either side searching for Wi-Fi. The Phyn Plus is now in Pairing Mode.
- If the device is not in Pairing mode as indicated by the LED pattern, repeat the steps.
Download and Install the Phyn App
- Tap the App store icon on your iPhone
- Enter Phyn and tap Search
- Tap on the Cloud icon to download.
- Tap Open
Phyn Account Setup
- Tap Sign Up
- Enter the required information: First Name, Last Name, Email address, Mobile Phone number and Password
- Tap the check box to agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Tap Create
- Verify Phone Number screen – A 6-digit code will be sent via SMS messaging to the mobile phone number you entered. (Note: If you do not receive the code, verify that you have correctly entered your mobile phone number. If you missed viewing the message with the 6-digit code, you can tap Resend Code to generate a new SMS message with a new code. Enter the latest 6-digit code that you receive).
- Enter the 6-digit code
- A blue check mark will appear when the code has been verified
Pair the Phyn Device
- Check for Power screen will be displayed. Tap Next.
- Select a Network screen will be displayed. (Note: Pairing is a multi-step process. 1) Go to Phone Settings > WiFi 2) Pair the Phyn App on your phone to your Phyn device 3) Pair the Phyn Plus to your Home Wi-Fi network. It is important to follow these steps correctly to ensure pairing success).
- Tap the Home button
- Tap Settings
- Tap Wi-Fi – The SSID of the Phyn Plus device will appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks
- Tap Phyn.Plus.XXX – the SSID of the Phyn Plus device.
- When the Phyn Plus device is successfully paired, a blue check box will appear to the left of the name of the Phyn Plus SSID. “Unsecured Network” will be displayed beneath the SSID of the Phyn Plus.
- Tap the Home Button and then tap Phyn
- “Searching for Networks” will be displayed
- Select Network screen – Tap the SSID of your home Wi-Fi network. (Note: If you do not see your home Wi-Fi network, tap “Refresh”. If you see your Home Network SSID displayed twice – one that is grayed out and one that is darker in color, tap on the SSID that is darker in color).
- Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network and tap Done and then Connect (Note: Enter the network password correctly including any Capitalized letters and special characters).
- “Pairing your Phyn Device” will be displayed during the pairing process. (Note: If you have entered an incorrect network password, the following message should be displayed: “Incorrect Password. Please try again.”
- “Your device was successfully connected” will appear. Tap Done.
- Add Home screen will be displayed – Enter your Home Address. At the bottom of the screen, you can add a descriptive name your your home, i.e. Vacation Home or Mi Casa
- Tap Next
- Configure Home screen will be displayed. Enter an inventory your home fixture types. Tap the + button next to each fixture type to increment the amount. If you make a mistake, tap the – button next to the fixture type to decrease the number. (Note: Washing Machines and Dishwashers are not on the fixture list. The reason is because our machine-learning algorithms can already detect the water usage generated by such appliances).
- Tap Next
- The Water Activity Screen will be displayed. Your device is now Setup.