You need to know the following information about your home wireless network. You can obtain the information from the person who setup the Network:
- Network SSID – (The network name, i.e. John’s Wi-Fi)
- Network Password
- SSID should be broadcast (not hidden)
- Network should have 2.4Ghz band enabled
- Network should have a dedicated 2.4Ghz signal. Mesh Networks that broadcast a single SSID for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are not compatible. Click here for more information.
- MAC address blocking should be disabled on the router if enabled
- Wi-Fi security profile should be set to either WPA2-Personal or WPA/WPA2-Personal.
If you not certain of the Wi-Fi security profile that your network is set up for, just follow these steps to view the network Security type:
- Ensure your computer is connected to the home Wireless network.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in your computer’s System Tray – A list of Wi-Fi networks will be displayed
- Click on the SSID of your Wi-Fi network which should show “Connected – Secured”.
- Click “Properties”
- Scroll down to Properties.
- The Security Type will be displayed.